Reports to: Deputy Director- Service Delivery
FLSA Status: Exempt
Full or Part-time: Full – time
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.
The Director of PATH Homeless Outreach is responsible for managing the PATH Outreach Team which assists homeless individuals with agency services including but
not limited to emergency services, temporary, stable and permanent housing, case management and/or links to other services.
- Work as directed to support the HOPE Atlanta organization and team members
- Works with the Grant Manager to obtain and maintain grant funding for Outreach Services
- Works with the CFO to create and manage the program budget
- Responsible for program planning, implementation, management, compliance and quality of all Outreach Programs
- Oversees the management and supervision of staff including but not limited to: selection, evaluation, training, case load, etc.
- Ensures assessments are performed properly and are compliant with regulations and grant requirements
- Ensures all data is properly entered into Client Track and any required tracking systems
- Ensures program accountability by conducting random inspections of facilities and documentation as well as conducts client, stakeholder and staff surveys
- Oversees the process of sourcing housing locations, securing and working with property
managersDevelops and maintains relationships with state, county, and federal agencies, other behavioral health providers, and payers
- Serves on the organization’s leadership team and participates in strategic and tactical planning
- Participates in county, state and federal planning as required
- Available for emergency services and assists clients with appointments
- Assists in fundraising opportunities and participates in agency donor and community events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of mental illness, addiction & PTSD
- Knowledgeable of Outreach Program Opportunities and Requirements
- Strong organization, critical thinking, problem solving, communication and creative skills
- High aptitude for learning and ability to work with technology and people
- Promotes a proficient workplace environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Pathways, and database systems, etc.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task
- Able to delegate and manage well in a team environment
- Ability to write quality grants and communication
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or in related field of social services and (5) five years’ experience working with homeless population.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Five-years’ experience in managing people
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation